Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win! All athletes are disciplined in their training. They do it to win a prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize (1 Corinthians 9:24-25)
warriors code of conduct
- I will behave in a Christ-like manner while involved with WAHAA activities.
- I will demonstrate respect to coaches, teammates, fans, opposing teams, and officials.
- I will keep my commitment to the team and attend all practices/games. (If I have to miss, I will contact the coach with a valid reason.)
- If I have a concern or conflict that needs resolution, I will ask for an appropriate time to talk to the coach (not before/during/immediately after a game). If the matter is not resolved, I will request a meeting with the coach and athletic director. I will not spread my personal concern or conflict among other team members.
- I will not use profanity or offensive, demeaning speech during practices, games, or anywhere I represent WAHAA.
- I will not bully another individual from my organization or an opponent’s organization. Bullying is defined as conduct, gestures, or comments (verbal or written, orally or via electronic communication) which are insulting, intimidating, humiliating, hurtful, malicious, or degrading and which create a hostile or intimidating environment, or which negatively affect a player or player’s performance.
- I will not use banned or illegal substances.
- I will dress at all WAHAA activities in a manner that could not be considered offensive or immorally suggestive.
- I will refrain from public displays of affection toward individuals who are not members of my family.
- I will be responsible for my uniforms, team apparel, and equipment. I will bring my uniform to every game. If my uniform is lost or damaged, I will be required to pay for the replacement. I will return my uniform and equipment in good condition at the end of the season or be responsible to pay for replacement.
* Violation of any of these rules by the parent or participant may result in dismissal from the program or result in a probationary status for the coming year. An individual on probation will be immediately removed from the program upon violation of any of these rules. Individuals (or families) placed on probation will be notified in writing from the Board of Directors. Appeals process is available.